PHOTOS: Part of Highway Closed After Cows Get Loose in 410 Area
In the late evening hours of last night (March 29), a collision involving a cattle truck stopped traffic and unleashed a herd of cows onto the highway.
#hwy401 westbound Express lanes closed at Hurontario St for collision involving a caddle carrier. Cows loose on Hwy401 in Mississauga. #Mississauga #Collision #HeavyRescue401 #CowsLooseOnTheHighway pic.twitter.com/A6Ol6SCbqx— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) March 30, 2019
OPP say that the westbound express lanes of the 401 were closed at Hurontario after the crash occurred.
Please use alternate routes. Crews are working to wrangle up the cattle. https://t.co/2jTizLxjRv— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) March 30, 2019
In a later update, officers said all lanes were blocked at the 410.
Later on, police had to block all of the eastbound express lanes at Hurontario.
Crash involving a tractor trailer carrying cattle on Highway 401 westbound west of Highway 403 in #Mississauga. Nearly a dozen are running loose on the roadway. All express lanes closed. @Peel_Paramedics @IAFF1212 @OPP_HSD @TalkTruck pic.twitter.com/KB4zXs7x5r— DR (@Media371) March 30, 2019
The collision and cows weren’t fully cleared for some hours. According to police, the roadway reopened around 6:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 30.
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- UPDATE: Police say Saturday night incident in Brampton wasn't kidnapping; continuing to investigate
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Cows Rounded Up After Getting onto Highway
- All Lanes Blocked On Highway 407 Due To Collision In Brampton
- TRAFFIC: Collision Blocks Lanes on Highway 407 in Brampton
- All Lanes Blocked On Highway 410 Southbound In Brampton Due To Collision
- All eastbound lanes of 407 closed at Mississauga Road in Brampton