PHOTOS: Peel Region To Build Seniors Health and Wellness Village In Brampton
In July, Peel Region announced that they will be demolishing the Peel Manor and building a new long-term care village in Brampton.
The Region of Peel replaced Peel Manor, a long-term care home since 1898, with a new Seniors Health and Wellness Village at Peel Manor.
The new Seniors Health and Wellness Village at Peel Manor will be built beside the current building at 525 Main Street North. Construction is to start today after a groundbreaking ceremony yesterday night featuring remarks from dignitaries, a ceremonial groundbreaking, cake cutting and hard hat signing. The facility will be finished in 2021 and will cost approximately $115.6 million.
Once the building is completed, the people living in the current Peel Manor will move to the new facility.
The new facility will be redeveloped into a modern facility in a new building, which will offer long-term care with 177 beds, an enhanced Adult Day Services program with a capacity for up to 100 clients a day, an eight-bed short-stay unit for overnight respite care, and a seniors-focused service hub that will support the delivery of integrated care.
The new Peel Manor will feature services and activities for seniors living in the community, a long-term care centre, and an adult day program.
Peel Manor will be demolished to make way for a new community park space that will be completed in 2022.
What do you think about the Seniors Health and Wellness Village In Brampton?
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Peel Regional Police investigating carjacking in Brampton
- Canadian government changing stress test rate for mortgages soon
- Ontario looks into licence plate defect weeks after new decals released
- Brampton collision sends man to hospital; closes Steeles Ave
- Region Approves Plan To Demolish Old Long-Term Care Facility In Brampton
- Senior Care Centre in Brampton to Undergo Redevelopment
- New Dental Care Program Announced for Ontario's Seniors
- Peel Memorial Centre Improves Health Care for Brampton Residents
- New Beds are Coming to Long-Term Care Facilities in Brampton