PHOTOS: Sneak Peek at the Food District in Square One
The Food District opening is so close we can taste it.
Square One is no stranger to grand-scale expansion projects that fundamentally alter the look, feel and appeal of the city's biggest—and best known—shopping centres. In the summer of 2018, Square One announced its massive west expansion project, which will include the modern and on-trend Food District.
Square One said the $580 million redevelopment (which also includes the Cineplex-owned Rec Room, Uniqlo and Indigo - which are all currently open) is one of the most ambitious projects of its kind in North America.
Construction on the addition, which will take shape in the former Target area, is well underway.
The almost 40,000 sq. ft. Food District, intended to provide an elevated experience for foodie tourists and locals alike, is opening on April 1, 2019 - this Monday folks. It'll focus on offering local, handmade and high-quality foods in a setting that embraces both new- and old-world food emporiums. It'll offer restaurants, a butchershop, a fishmonger, food tastings, cooking classes and more.
Here's a peek at what the Food District looks like so far.
- PHOTOS: Here's Some of the Food Coming to Square One's Food District
- PHOTOS: First Look at the Massive Rec Room Entertainment Facility Coming to Square One
- PHOTOS: First Look at Massive Entertainment Facility Opening Today in Square One
- First-Of-Its-Kind Food Truck Eatery Opening in Peel
- Massive Filipino Fast Food Chain Jollibee Officially Opening Outside Brampton