PHOTOS: Springdale Library is Now Officially Open in Brampton
Brampton’s new state-of-the-art library is finally open!
Springdale Library and Neighbourhood Park's completion has been in the works since summer of 2016, and now, Brampton Library officially opens the space today, Monday February 12, 2018, at 10 a.m.
The brand new library is located at 10705 Bramalea Road, at the northeast corner of Bramalea Road and Dewside Drive.
"We have all been waiting with such anticipation," said Rebecca Raven, Brampton Library CEO, in a recent statement. "Today, I am so pleased to announce that our doors are open to all. Heartfelt thanks to thank everyone for their patience on our journey to this momentous day. On behalf of Brampton Library board members and staff, welcome to Springdale Branch Library! We can't wait to show you this amazing facility and share all that your library membership offers you here and in all of our locations across Brampton."
The library boasts very modern architecture, 20,000 square feet of convertible library space (likely to be used for events), a 5,000 square foot multi-purpose room for library and community programming and events, a common area for those long working and snacking sessions, and a special nook for children with fun colours, shorter bookshelves, and an Everbright light wall with hundreds of colour spectrum dials — fun to play with for kids and adults.
Springdale Library is also home to the third location for Makerspace Brampton, a partnership between the City and Sheridan College that offers 3D printing services for residents.
A grand opening is happening on March 6 at 10 a.m., for anyone interested in attending. Mayor Linda Jeffrey and other dignitaries will be speaking.
Costs for the entire project were initially estimated in the budget at about $20 million.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park
- K9 Unit locates alleged fleeing male after Brampton collision
- Police investigating stabbing near Main Street in Brampton
- Here's where Brampton ranks on the list of the most dangerous cities in Canada
- Brampton school goes into lockdown after student seen with gun
- We Now Have an Opening Date for Springdale Library
- Here's Why A Brampton Library Just Won A Prestigious Province-Wide Award
- State of the Art Library and Community Centre Opening Soon in Brampton
- Much Anticipated State of the Art Library Set to Open Soon in Brampton
- Brampton's Getting a New Library Branch Soon