PICK A SIDE: Should hair salons be allowed to reopen
As the Province continues its phased reopening plan, more health-care-related businesses have been permitted to resume serving the public, including physiotherapy clinics, and dental practices.
While these aforementioned businesses have returned to serving the public, they have also implemented additional safety measures to ensure those who seek treatment can do so safely without risking their own health or the health of the staff.
In light of this, many people are wondering when hair salons will be permitted to do the same.
Those in support of reopening hair salons have pointed out they don’t present as much of a risk of spreading the virus as dental treatment does.
However, those opposed to it have also countered that dental treatment presents a much more immediate need for treatment than a haircut.
Further, some have said it presents an unnecessary risk for vainglorious reasons, while others have argued that allowing people to go to hair appointments wouldn’t be mandatory and people would be free to choose whether or not they utilized the service.
With Stage 1 of the Province’s reopening plan well underway, Doug Ford has said a decision to begin Stage 2 could come as soon as the middle of June.
So far, the Province has said it will consider reopening more businesses and workspaces, and permitting large gatherings during Stage 2, but it has not specified what kinds of businesses will be allowed to reopen.
So, Brampton, what do you think?
Should hair salons be allowed to reopen?
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- Brampton not permitted to enter stage 2 of the province’s reopening plan just yet
- Brampton will not yet be permitted to enter Stage 3 of the province’s reopening plan
- PICK A SIDE: Is it still too soon to reopen businesses?
- Ontario set to announce plans for Stage 3 of COVID reopening
- Some Ontario businesses allowed to reopen today as COVID-19 restrictions loosen