Pimp Sentenced to Five Years for Prostituting Teen
A man has been sentenced to five years in prison in connection with prostitution related offenses.
In December 2015, the Peel Regional Police Major Drugs and Vice unit launched an investigation into prostitution and pimping related offenses involving Devante Williams, a 24-year-old man from Toronto.
During the investigation, police identified a 15-year-old female victim who was being controlled and influenced in the sex trade by Williams in Peel and the GTA.
According to Peel police, Williams was arrested by investigators on Dec. 23, 2015 and charged with several prostitution and pimping related offences.
On Feb. 23, 2017, Williams pled guilty at his preliminary hearing to one count of procuring, one count of make child pornography and one count of sexual interference.
Williams was sentenced to five years imprisonment as a result of the convictions.
Anyone with information about prostitution, human trafficking or pimping activity in Peel Region is asked to call Peel Regional Police or Crime Stoppers. You can also visit our website by clicking here.
- Peel Regional Police investigating suspicious death in Brampton
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park
- Ontario launching automated speed enforcement
- Brampton family seeking public's assistance after cherished Christmas ornaments were accidentally donated
- Snowy weather expected in Brampton this week
- A Brampton Pimp Has Been Sentenced
- Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
- Brampton Man Facing Four Years in Prison for Human Trafficking
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To A Child Luring Investigation
- Daycare Worker Handed Prison Sentence Following Peel Regional Police Investigation