Police Appeal for Witnesses in Fatal Brampton Collision
Police are appealing for witnesses who can provide information on the fatal collision that happened in Brampton on Thanksgiving (October 10).
The collision, which sadly claimed the lives of four people, happened at around 8:40 p.m. on Bovaird Drive, west of Gillingham Street.
Police have confirmed that a Brampton man named Calisto Mendonca, 49, was travelling in his vehicle (a 1998 Pontiac Trans Am) at an extremely high speed westbound on Bovaird Drive. Video evidence showed a second vehicle travelling alongside Mendonca's at a similar speed, indicating the possibility of a street race.
At some point Mendonca abruptly changed lanes, lost control of his vehicle, and crossed into oncoming lanes of traffic. He collided with a vehicle being driven by Brian McGinnis (24), resulting in a large car fire. The crash killed both men as well as two other occupants: Lauren Bouchard, 22, and Michelle Bouchard, 16.
Investigators are looking for anyone who observed or caught video footage of the Pontiac Trans Am, as well as the second, unidentified vehicle seen travelling next to it.
"It is very likely that the other driver involved is aware of this collision," said Staff Sergeant Carty of the Major Collision Bureau. "Our investigators would like to speak with that driver."
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Major Collision Bureau at 905 453-2121, ext. 3710. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Peel Region Reduces Speed Limits On Two Major Roads In Brampton
- GoFundMe Page Set Up for Family Following Double Murder-Suicide In Brampton
- Peel Police Asking For Public's Help To Locate Pregnant 34-Year-Old Woman
- Police Looking For Brampton Man Wanted For Numerous Firearm Offences
- A Brampton-Based Healthcare Project Is Expanding To Other Cities Across Ontario
- Peel Police Looking for Witnesses Following Collision Investigation
- UPDATE: 25-Year-Old Driver Still in Serious Condition After One-Car Collision in Brampton
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Elderly Woman Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- Police Identify Young Victim in Fatal Brampton Crash
- Peel Police Seeking the Public’s Assistance Following Fatal Collision in Brampton