Police Arrest Brampton Male in Animal Cruelty Investigation
Peel Police have arrested a male in an animal cruelty investigation in Brampton.
According to police, an investigation revealed that two male suspects were seen at an outdoor patio establishment with a small Yorkshire Terrier dog. The dog and the suspects remained at the establishment for several hours and at approximately 10:45 a.m. the suspects left the area, leaving the dog behind.
Staff members at the establishment located the seriously injured dog, which was subsequently taken to a local veterinarian hospital and euthanized due to the severity of its injuries.
The first suspect was described as a male with medium complexion, short dark hair and a full beard. He was last seen wearing a grey sweater, black pants, and red and black Nike shoes.
The second suspect was described as a male with a medium complexion.
As a result of the investigation, on April 25, 2017, officers identified and arrested a 29 year-old male from Brampton. He has been charged with one count of Cruelty to Animals and is scheduled to appear in court on June 8, 2017.
Peel Regional Police are continuing the investigation and still need the public's assistance in identifying the second male.
Anyone with information relating to this incident is asked to call investigators of 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Brampton
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Police Arrest Second Brampton Male in Dog Abuse Case
- Police Investigating Disturbing Dog Abuse Incident in Brampton
- Peel Police Searching For Male Wanted for Break and Enters
- Peel police seeking public's assistance in sexual assault investigation
- Male suspect identified in Brampton homicide investigation