Police Arrest Brampton Resident for Purse Theft in Halton
Halton Regional Police have made an arrest in connection with a purse theft in Burlington, indicating in most occurences suspects targeted older females whose purses and wallets were stolen from shopping carts while they were distracted in some fashion.
According to police, on November 25 Gentiana Stojkova, an 18 year old woman from the Czech Republic residing in Brampton, was arrested by members of Burlington Uniform Patrol for a purse theft at the Wal-Mart on Dundas Street.
They were assisted by members of the public and two off duty Halton police officers.
The suspect was also charged for a purse theft that occurred on October 19 at the Fresco on Upper Middle Road in Burlington. Other theft investigations are on-going at this time and further charges are possible.
Suspect was held for bail for the two charges of Theft Under $5000.
Halton Regional Police are reminding residents to be aware of their surroundings and stay alert for distraction type thefts when shopping in the grocery stores, malls and other retail business.
Anyone with information regarding these incidents or other purse thefts is asked to contact Detective Constable Derek Gray of the Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau - Vulnerable Persons and Seniors Liaison Team at 905-825-4747 ext. 2344.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Impaired driver smashes into tree in Brampton
- Allegedly impaired driver involved in collision in Brampton
- Popular American chicken joint goes international, opening new locations in Ontario
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- Brampton Woman Charged in Oakville and Burlington Purse Thefts
- Brampton Man Charged in Purse Thefts Targeting Seniors
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Break, Enter and Theft Suspect
- Man Arrested in Connection With Massive Avocado Theft
- Police Searching for Third Suspect of Theft Involving Vehicle in Brampton