Police Arrest Brampton Resident In Connection To Homicide
Peel Police have made an arrest in connection to the homicide that occurred earlier today.
At approximately 8:56 a.m this morning (May 13), Peel Police responded to a 911 call at a residence in the Bramalea Road and Gates of Bramalea area in Brampton.
Officers found Brampton resident Bao Lian Li, 82, with obvious signs of trauma. She was later pronounced dead at the scene.
Police have arrested Brampton resident Lu Hong Liang, 81, with second-degree murder.
Liang appeared in the Ontario Court of Justice on this afternoon.
This is the 6th homicide of 2019 in the Peel region.
The Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau are still investigating the offence and ask that anyone with relevant information call the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau or Peel Crime Stoppers.
- Charges laid after stolen vehicle causes collision in Brampton
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- Additional charges laid in fatal Brampton collision that killed mother and three children
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway
- Brampton's mandatory face-covering bylaw to be extended until 2021
- Peel Police Arrest Two Men In Connection To A Homicide In Brampton
- Police arrest second 16-year-old boy in connection to Brampton homicide
- Peel Police Asking For Help in Brampton Homicide Case
- Homicide Investigation Underway After Brampton Man Found Dead
- Peel police investigating 21st homicide of 2019