Police Arrest Driver in Connection with Hit and Run Incident That Seriously Injured Brampton Teen
Peel police have arrested a Caledon woman in connection with a hit and run incident that left a 17-year-old Brampton teen with serious injuries.
The collision occurred on Friday, Jan. 27 around 8:30 p.m. in the Bramalea Road and Dewside Drive area in Brampton.
The 17-year-old victim, along with four friends, was returning from getting pizza when the group attempted to cross the street. While one friend made it across safely, the victim noticed a vehicle traveling quickly towards him and tried to make it back to the median. He was unable to do so and was struck.
According to police, the victim sustained an extensive lower body injury and was transported to local hospital.
His friends were not injured.
On Sunday Jan. 29, police arrested 32-year-old Caledon woman Amanjeet Kaur in connection with the incident. Kaur has been charged with fail to remain at the scene of an accident causing bodily harm.
She appeared at the A. Grenville William Davis Court for a bail hearing on Monday, Jan. 30.
Anyone with information or surveillance video pertaining to this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at 905 453-2121 Ext 3710. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Brampton Teen Seriously Injured in Hit and Run
- Brampton Teen Arrested in Connection with Stabbing Incident at High School
- Man Arrested After Brandishing Machete During Road Rage Incident in Brampton
- Police Arrest Man in Connection with Fatal Brampton Crash
- Teen Arrested After Another Teen Seriously Injured During "Vicious" Stabbing Incident in Brampton