Police Arrest Male After Shooting in Brampton, Searching for Suspect Vehicle
Peel Regional Police have arrested a man in relation to attempted murder last week in Brampton.
Police said that on Thursday, October 26, 2017, at around 4:30 a.m., police responded to a shooting.
“Two males had become involved in an altercation that was initiated in the plaza parking lot at Queen Street East and West Drive. The incident then led to a shooting at the intersection of Clark Boulevard and Highway 410, in the City of Brampton,” police said in a statement this afternoon.
The victim was a 55-year-old male from Brampton. He was taken to a local trauma centre with non-life threatening injuries.
On Halloween, a warrant of arrest of attempted murder for Tivon Gouldbourne, a 26-year-old Brampton male.
Gouldbourne was arrested by Toronto police on Friday, November 3, 2017.
He was charged with attempted murder, discharging a firearm with intent, and two counts of possession of firearm contrary to order. He was held for bail in Brampton on Saturday, November 4, 2017.
His vehicle is, however, outstanding. Police are searching for the car Gouldbourne was believed to be operating during the incident - a black, four-door 2014 Nissan Sentra with plate CBWF057 with tinted windows and black steel rims, similar to the car in our cover photo courtesy of Peel police.
There’s also reportedly damage to the rear driver side tail light.
Investigators are appealing to witnesses or anyone with information about the whereabouts of this vehicle to contact police.
Anyone with information about the vehicle or this incidentis asked to call investigators of 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Brampton students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Brampton
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Trudeau, Morneau, Telford must resign, or trigger an election: Blanchet
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Police Searching for Shooting Suspect in Brampton
- Police Searching for Attempted Murder Suspect in Brampton
- Arrest made and firearm seized in attempted murder investigation
- Peel Police Investigating Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Brampton
- Police Arrest Young Offender in Connection with Murder of Brampton Teen