Police Arrest Man in Connection with Fatal Brampton Crash
A Brampton man has been charged in relation to a fatal crash that occurred last month.
On Saturday, Jan. 14 at approximately 11:30 p.m., 22-year-old Brampton man Victor Alvarado was driving his yellow Toyota Celica on Clark Blvd. east of Dixie Road in Brampton when his vehicle went off the road and struck two traffic control light poles.
Alvarado was removed from the vehicle and rushed to local hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.
On Monday, Feb. 6, Peel police arrested 25-year-old Brampton man Jo-Phillip Bitamba and charged him with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle while street racing causing death and fail to remain at scene of accident causing death.
Bitamba is scheduled to appear in court for a bail hearing on Feb. 7.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Brampton
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Police Identify Young Victim in Fatal Brampton Crash
- Brampton Man Charged in Connection With Fatal Street Racing Crash
- Police Arrest Driver in Connection with Hit and Run Incident That Seriously Injured Brampton Teen
- Police Identify Victim of Fatal Motorcycle Crash in Brampton
- Youth charged following fatal collision in Brampton