Police Arrest Man in Connection with Sexual Assault in Brampton
A Toronto man has been arrested in connection with an alleged sexual assault in Brampton.
According to Peel police, the suspect first made contact with the victim on an online dating app. On Friday, May 26 at approximately 6:10 a.m., the two met in an agreed upon location in Brampton and the victim was reportedly sexually assaulted.
Police arrested 27-year-old Ricardo De Sousa on May 29 and charged him with sexual assault.
De Sousa will appear in court on Monday, June 19.
Anyone with further information regarding this investigation is asked to call investigators at the Special Victim's Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3460. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 28
- Brampton raid part of large fentanyl bust
- Police Arrest Man in Connection with Sexual Assault on 12-Year-Old in Brampton
- Police Looking for Suspect After Reported Sexual Assault in Brampton
- Peel Police Arrest Suspect of Sexual Assault in the 1970s
- Male Charged with Sexual Assault at Hotel in Brampton
- Police Identify Man Charged in Sexual Assault Investigation in Brampton