Police Arrest Man Wanted for 2016 Shooting in Brampton
A man has been arrested in connection with a 2016 shooting that took place in Mississauga.
Peel police report that on Friday, Dec. 2 at approximately 4:30 p.m., the accused confronted another individual in the Goreway Drive and Nashua Drive area. According to police, Demetre Hibbert allegedly fired multiple shots into a vehicle, striking the 22-year-old passenger.
The victim sustained a gunshot wound to the hand.
On Friday March 10, members of the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau and Tactical Unit located Hibbert in a vehicle in the North Park Drive and MacKay Street area in Brampton.
The accused was taken into custody without incident and a criminal code search warrant was executed at a residence he was associated with.
Police located a loaded firearm, various amounts of drugs and cash in the home.
Hibbert has been charged with 12 criminal offences, including numerous firearm offences, drug trafficking offences and failing to comply with bail conditions. Hibbert remains in custody pending a bail hearing.
Anyone who may have any information pertaining to this matter may call the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word “PEEL" and then your tip.
- Motorcyclist dead after colliding with transport truck in Brampton
- Overnight stabbing in Brampton prompts police inviestigation
- Brampton students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Brampton
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing