Police Arrest Second Suspect After 14-Year-Old Boy Murdered
Police have arrested the second outstanding suspect wanted in connection with the murder of a 14-year-old boy who was found slain in a park in Mississauga.
Peel police say another arrest has been made following the death of Riley Driver-Martin.
Martin's body was located on Friday, Dec. 7, 2018 around 8:00 a.m. after police were called to a park in the Lewisham Drive and Truscott Drive area.
On Friday, Dec. 7, 2018, 20-year-old Mississauga man Nicholas Mahabir was arrested and charged with second degree murder.
On Saturday, Dec. 8, 2018, an arrest warrant for second degree murder was issued for Mark Mahabir, a 20 year-old man from Mississauga.
That same day, the suspect surrendered to Peel Regional Police.
He will appear in court on Sunday, Dec. 9.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses, video surveillance or anyone who may have information concerning this investigation to contact Peel Regional Police Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at 905-453-2121 Ext 3205.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Brampton making changes to transit routes starting March 31
- City of Brampton will now issue fines to enforce physical distancing amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Waste service changes coming to Brampton amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Police Seeking Second Suspect in Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Man Arrested in Connection with Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- Police Looking for Suspect Following Murder of Brampton Man
- Police Issue Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant for Brampton Homicide Suspect
- Third Murder Suspect Charged in Brampton Man's Death