Police Arrest Teen in Connection with Brampton Home Invasion
A 17-year-old boy has been arrested and charged in connection with a home invasion that took place earlier in the week.
On March 20, police were called to a home on Meadowcrest Lane around 3:00 p.m. to respond to reports of an active home invasion being carried out by masked men.
Police told inbrampton.com that the suspects, who entered the residence and demanded money, might have had a knife. Police also said that a gun was indicated but not seen.
Police said that the teen first claimed to have been a victim in the incident, but that further investigation indicated he may have been involved. He has since been charged with robbery and fleeing from police.
Some property that was taken from the home has since been recovered.
The teen was released with a promise to appear in court.
Two other suspects are still outstanding.
The investigation is ongoing.
- A $1 million lotto ticket was sold in Brampton
- Police searching for missing 16-year-old boy from Brampton
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Road closures in place due to leak in Brampton
- Ontario will need to recall defective licence plates, cabinet minister says