Police Arrest Two Males in Multiple Carjacking Incidents in Brampton
Peel police have arrested and charged two males involved in three separate carjacking incidents that occurred in the parking lot area of Bramalea City Centre in Brampton.
On Feb. 23 at approximately 7:40 p.m., two suspects approached three separate victims in the parking area and demanded they exit their vehicles. According to police, one of the culprits was armed with an imitation firearm.
Police quickly responded and arrested both males without incident. No injuries were sustained.
Police arrested 21-year old Brampton resident Vaishnavan Suthagaran and charged him with two counts of robbery and breach of undertaking.
A 17-year old male from Brampton has been charged with pointing a firearm and breach of undertaking.
Suthagaran and the 17 year-old male were both held for a bail hearing on Feb. 24 at A. Grenville & William Davis Ontario Court of Justice.
Anyone with information relating to this investigation is asked to call investigators at Central Robbery Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3410. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Traffic light outage in Brampton causing delays
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, over 130 cases confirmed in Brampton
- Police lay more than 50 charges against eight Brampton residents in connection to series of thefts