Police Arrest Woman Wanted for String of Lottery Ticket Thefts in Brampton
Peel police recently arrested a suspect who had been eluding them for over a month.
Back in November, police announced that they were seeking the public's assistance in locating a woman suspected of lottery ticket theft.
According to police, 31-year-old Sindi Ingram was wanted for numerous distraction-style theft-related offenses.
It's been alleged that Ingram visited numerous lottery retailers throughout Brampton and surrounding cities and distracted employees in order to walk away with thousands of dollars worth of scratch lottery tickets.
Over a month ago, police released a security camera capture of the suspect—along with a physical description—in hopes that witnesses could help locate her.
While Ingram was at large for some time, police confirmed that she was arrested in Mississauga this morning. She was subsequently held for a bail hearing.
- Brampton students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Brampton
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Trudeau, Morneau, Telford must resign, or trigger an election: Blanchet
- Police Hunting for Lottery Ticket Thief in Brampton
- Police Seeking Suspected Scratch Lottery Ticket Thief in Brampton and Beyond
- Peel Police Asking For Public's Help To Locate 34-Year-Old Woman
- Police seeking public's assistance in poppy donation box theft investigation
- Woman arrested in theft of poppy boxes in Brampton