Police Arrest Woman Wanted for String of Lottery Ticket Thefts in Brampton
Peel police recently arrested a suspect who had been eluding them for over a month.
Back in November, police announced that they were seeking the public's assistance in locating a woman suspected of lottery ticket theft.
According to police, 31-year-old Sindi Ingram was wanted for numerous distraction-style theft-related offenses.
It's been alleged that Ingram visited numerous lottery retailers throughout Brampton and surrounding cities and distracted employees in order to walk away with thousands of dollars worth of scratch lottery tickets.
Over a month ago, police released a security camera capture of the suspect—along with a physical description—in hopes that witnesses could help locate her.
While Ingram was at large for some time, police confirmed that she was arrested in Mississauga this morning. She was subsequently held for a bail hearing.
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Man charged after hate-motivated incident in Brampton
- Wearing masks could soon be mandatory in Brampton amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Newly-released data indicates that Brampton is a hotspot for COVID-19
- MAYORS COVID-19 UPDATE: Patrick Brown give an update on the COVID-19 situation in Brampton - May 29, 2020
- Police Hunting for Lottery Ticket Thief in Brampton
- Police Seeking Suspected Scratch Lottery Ticket Thief in Brampton and Beyond
- Peel Police Asking For Public's Help To Locate 34-Year-Old Woman
- Police seeking public's assistance in poppy donation box theft investigation
- Woman arrested in theft of poppy boxes in Brampton