Police Bust Street Racing Incident on Highway 401
"#BadIdea" is right.
The two men involved were reportedly racing at nearly 200 km/hr on Highway 401. Schmidt claims one of the men was a lone G1 driver with alcohol.
Police also posted photos showing both of the vehicles being towed away from the scene.
Although charges have not been disclosed, the typical punishment for street racing includes a fine ranging from $2,000 to $10,000 as well as a licence suspension of up to two years for the first conviction, according to the Ontario Driver's Handbook.
(Photos from OPP Twitter.)
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- A $1 million lotto ticket was sold in Brampton
- Road closures in place due to leak in Brampton
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to the Region of Peel this Friday
- Brampton council passes motion in support of long-term care