Police Bust Street Racing Incident on Highway 401
"#BadIdea" is right.
The two men involved were reportedly racing at nearly 200 km/hr on Highway 401. Schmidt claims one of the men was a lone G1 driver with alcohol.
Police also posted photos showing both of the vehicles being towed away from the scene.
Although charges have not been disclosed, the typical punishment for street racing includes a fine ranging from $2,000 to $10,000 as well as a licence suspension of up to two years for the first conviction, according to the Ontario Driver's Handbook.
(Photos from OPP Twitter.)
- Woman found in Brampton garage in life-threatening condition
- Police responding to female with knife in Brampton
- Patrick Brown responds to video alleging his violation against Brampton’s COVID-19 bylaw
- 16 year old arrested for homicide of Brampton man
- Toronto strip club employee may have exposed up to 550 to COVID-19: officials