Police charge 32-year-old Brampton man with several offences related to domestic violence
Peel Regional Police (PRP) have charged a Brampton man with several offences related to gun possession and domestic violence.
On August 24, officers from the 21 Division Criminal Investigations Bureau were informed of allegations of domestic violence, wherein the victim provided details of historical assaults including bodily harm, death threats, choking, sexual assaults and forcible confinement allegedly by the accused.
As a result of the ensuing investigation, 32-year-old Ohene Darteh was arrested and charged with:
- Chokes, Suffocates Or Strangles
- Three counts of Sexual Assault
- Forcible Confinement
- Two counts of Utter Death Threats to Cause Death or Bodily Harm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Possession of Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition Knowing Its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possess firearm with altered serial number
- Two counts of Possession of Firearm, etc. Contrary to Order
Darteh was held for a Bail Hearing and appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in the City of Brampton on August 26, 2020.
Anyone with relevant information is urged to contact the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-3311, extension 2133.
Additionally, information may be provided anonymously to Peel Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477or visiting their website.
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- UPDATE: Police say Saturday night incident in Brampton wasn't kidnapping; continuing to investigate
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death