Police Evacuate Brampton School Following Threat
A Brampton school was evacuated in response to a threat made against the facility, police say.
Shortly before 8:00 a.m., Peel police announced that officers were in the Williams Parkway and Bramalea Rd. area in relation to a threat at Chinguacousy Secondary School.
The school took to its website to confirm that, due to the police investigation, students and staff were evacuated to Judith Nyman Secondary School
A bulletin posted to the school’s website says that, last night, a student reported to police that they had overheard a threat that they felt police should be made aware of.
Police arrived at the school this morning and evacuated the building as a precaution.
Students and staff are being sent to Judith Nyman Secondary School until further notice. Buses are also being directed to Judith Nyman.
“The police investigation is ongoing and we will work alongside officers to ensure student and staff safety,” the bulletin says.
“We will provide updates as they become available via our school website. As the building is evacuated, we will be unable to attend to phone calls.”
UPDATE: Police say students have returned to the school. The investigation is ongoing.
- Police On Scene at Brampton School Following Shooting Threat
- Police Evacuating Brampton School Due to Threat
- Police Investigating Disturbing Social Media Post Regarding Brampton School
- Police Evacuating High School Under Lockdown in Brampton
- Police Investigation Puts Another Brampton School under Hold and Secure