Police Evacuating Brampton School Due to Threat
Police say they are evacuating a Brampton middle school due to a threat.
Shortly before 3:30 p.m., Peel police announced that officers are evacuating Calderstone Middle School, located in the Calderstone Rd. and Cottrelle Blvd. area, “as a result of a threat.”
Police say the threat is currently being investigated.
Updates to follow.
UPDATE: Police say the incident is still being investigated, and that evacuation was minimal as most of the occupants were out due to the end of the school day.
Police say the possible threat was a written one and is still being investigated.
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Province freezing rent for residential tenants in 2021
- Two Brampton men charged in connection to hit-and-run
- Over 500 drivers charged for having noisy vehicles in Brampton and Mississauga