Police Evacuating High School Under Lockdown in Brampton
Police are in the process of evacuating David Suzuki Secondary School on Daviselm Drive in Brampton following reports of an armed male inside the building.
Earlier today, Peel police announced that the school was under lockdown and that other schools in the area, including Springbrooke CES, McClure PES, Our Lady of Peace CES and Walden International School, were under hold and secure.
Peel police Const. Lori Murphy told inBrampton.com that police received a call about a male with a possible weapon at 11:24 this morning. He was spotted inside the school at the time of the call.
Police are taking the threat seriously and clearing the school.
Since it’s exam time, not every student is at school.
There is a staging area for parents at the southwest corner of Queen and Chinguacousy. They can go there to collect their children as they’re evacuated.
Police are asking people to avoid the school.
There are no reports on suspects or arrests at this time.
UPDATE: The hold and secures have been lifted and David Suzuki has been cleared. No weapon has been located at this time.
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Street race results in car crashing into Brampton home
- Tornado watch in effect for Brampton
- Police investigating a vehicle stolen in Brampton that had a dog in the back
- "The justice system failed us": Mayor Patrick Brown angrily responds after Brampton shooting leaves woman dead