Police identify 17-year-old victim in New Year’s Eve shooting in Brampton
Police have identified the victim of a New Year's Eve shooting that took place shortly before midnight in Brampton.
Peel police say the shooting, which claimed the life of 17-year-old Jordan Henry, took place in the Alderbury Court and Autumn Blvd area.
Police say the victim was pronounced dead after being taken to hospital.
Peel Police Const. Akhil Mooken says there is no information on suspects at this time.
The victim was reportedly shot outside of a residence.
The Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau is investigating the matter.
Anyone with information is urged to contact police.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- COVID-19: 151 new cases in Ontario as premier looks to limit gatherings to 5 people or less
- These Brampton businesses are giving back to the community amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely