Police Identify Brampton Man Accused of Hitting and Dragging OPP Officer in Mississauga
Police have released the identity of man arrested in connection with a serious hit and run incident that injured an Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officer.
On Monday, Sept. 4 at approximately 9:00 a.m., Constable Patrick Chatelain conducted a traffic stop at Hurontario Street just south of Highway 403 in Mississauga. During the traffic stop, the vehicle fled, dragging the officer for an extended distance.
Chatelain has since been released from hospital and is set to make a full recovery, according to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
Later on that evening, Peel police arrested and charged the driver, 25-year-old Brampton man Ian Anthony Green. He has been charged with numerous offences, including dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm, criminal negligence causing bodily harm, failing to remain and more.
Green was held for a bail hearing and will appear in court today.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses to the incident, especially those who may have video surveillance or dashboard video.
Police say the investigation is ongoing and that officers would like to speak to the three other occupants who were in the vehicle at the time of the collision.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton
- Employee at Brampton FreshCo. tests positive for COVID-19
- Police searching for missing 15-year-old girl from Brampton
- Brampton woman identified as Hamilton murder victim
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 24
- Police Arrest Driver in Connection with Hit and Run Incident That Seriously Injured Brampton Teen
- Man Arrested After Crash Kills Three in Brampton
- Brampton Man Charged in Connection With Fatal Street Racing Crash
- Brampton Man Charged in Fatal Hit and Run Collision
- Suspect in Custody After Police Officer Injured During Traffic Stop in Brampton