Police Identify Victim in Fatal Hit and Run Incident in Brampton
A Brampton cyclist has died after being struck by an allegedly stolen trailer.
The driver of the suspect vehicle failed to remain at the scene, police say.
Peel police say that on Wednesday, August 1, a collision occurred in the Summerlea Rd. and Walker Dr. area in Brampton.
Police say the crash, which took place shortly after 6:00 a.m., involved a cyclist and a utility trailer.
Police say that preliminary investigation has led investigators to believe that the trailer became dislodged from the vehicle that was towing it and collided with the cyclist.
The victim succumbed to his injuries at the scene.
Police allege the trailer was stolen from a local business just a short time before the collision occurred. Police have recovered surveillance video from the area and are looking for a white Nissan NV Cargo van.
The victim has been identified as 39-year-old Brampton man Paul De Pledge.
Police provided images of the suspect vehicle:
Investigators are appealing to any witness who may have observed the suspect vehicle or have dashboard video footage leading up to the incident to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- A Major Canadian Company Is Moving Into A Single Facility In Brampton
- Vehicle Flipped Over in Multi-Vehicle Crash in Brampton
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- City Congratulates Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown on Birth of His First Son
- Police Cruiser Involved in Three-Vehicle Crash in Brampton
- Police Looking for Witnesses in Fatal Hit and Run
- Police Investigating Fatal Hit and Run Collision in Brampton
- Police Identify Young Victim in Fatal Brampton Crash
- Police on Scene Due to Crash Involving Allegedly Stolen Vehicle in Brampton
- Police Appealing for Witnesses After Cyclist Dies in Brampton