Police Identify Victim Killed in Crash in Brampton
A man has died following a serious collision in Brampton, close to the Mississauga border.
Peel police say that on Monday, Oct. 29, 2018 at approximately 7:10 p.m., a blue Kia Sportage was travelling northbound on Tomken Road when it collided with a white Mercedes Benz work van that was travelling southbound on the same road.
Earlier reports indicated the collision occurred in the Tomken and 407 area.
Police say 55-year-old Brampton man Achim Wienk has died as a result of the crash.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the collision, have video footage of the incident or anyone who may have information regarding the actions of the driver prior to the collision.
Anyone with information is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Allegedly impaired driver involved in collision in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- Peel police report four drug-related deaths in 24 hours