UPDATED: Police Investigating After Body Discovered in Vehicle in Brampton
Police are on scene following the discovery of a dead body in a vehicle in Brampton.
Peel police Const. Iryna Yashnyk says a call regarding the body came in at 3:37 p.m.
The body was discovered in the Sandalwood Pkwy and Kennedy Rd. area.
“A deceased person was found in a vehicle,” Yashnyk told inBrampton.com.
At this point, the death is considered suspicious.
The identity of the victim and the circumstances surrounding the death are not known at this time.
Emergency crews are on scene.
#PRP on scene Sandalwood Py E and Kennedy Rd N #Brampton for an investigation. Some businesses in the area may not be accessible due to police activity. Please check ahead of time if heading to the area. No public safety concerns.— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) March 7, 2018
UPDATED: As of 5:47 p.m., police say the death is not considered suspicious.
UPDATED: As of around 8 p.m., police have identified the body as missing 25-year-old Mandeep Tagger.
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Province freezing rent for residential tenants in 2021
- Two Brampton men charged in connection to hit-and-run
- Over 500 drivers charged for having noisy vehicles in Brampton and Mississauga