UPDATED: Police Investigating After Brampton Man Dies in Shooting
A 28-year-old Brampton man is dead and a 23-year man is in hospital with non-life threatening injuries following a shooting in Brampton.
“No suspect information is available,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Bally Saini, adding police are determining “what exactly transpired.”
The incident took place at a townhouse complex on Garden Gate Circle, near McLaughlin Rd. S. and Hwy. 407 around 10:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Police received reports of multiple gunshots, finding the 28-year-old man in the driveway.
He was pronounced dead on scene.
Another victim, also from Brampton, turned up at a local hospital with injuries and was transferred to a Toronto trauma centre.
Officers remained at the scene on Friday morning, where two vehicles were towed as part of the investigation.
Police are asking witnesses or anyone with surveillance footage to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to phone homicide detectives at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3205 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
UPDATE: Police are calling the shooting an “isolated incident” and are requesting anyone with video surveillance in the area of McLaughlin Rd. and Timberlane Dr. at the time of the incident to come forward.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with over 100 cases found in Brampton
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- COVID-19 measures could be in place for 'many, many weeks, if not months': PM
- Brampton making changes to transit routes starting March 31