Police Investigating After Child Reportedly Assaulted in Brampton
Police are looking for witnesses after a child was allegedly assaulted in Brampton.
Peel police say that on Wednesday, Sept. 26 2018, at approximately 7:30 a.m., an 11 year-old boy was riding a scooter to school on a pathway in the area of Sunny Meadow Blvd. and Chapparal Drive when the suspect called out to him.
Police say the suspect, who was walking the opposite direction on the pathway, said "get over here" to the victim.
Police say the boy refused, at which time he was knocked off his scooter by the suspect and then punched.
The victim swung his scooter and hit the suspect before fleeing the area.
The boy went to school and staff alerted emergency services. The victim received a minor injury from the incident and was treated at the school by paramedics, police say.
Police say the suspect is described as a light-skinned male in his late teens to early twenties. He was last seen wearing a black hoodie, blue/black pants and blue/black Nike shoes.
Police say he was on foot and not linked to any vehicle.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses to the incident or any persons who may have video surveillance in the area or any information regarding the incident.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call investigators of 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- Two pedestrians hospitalized after being struck by vehicle in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Brampton
- Police Investigating After Child Allegedly Assaulted in Brampton
- Peel Police Investigating Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Brampton
- Police Investigating After Child Allegedly Sexually Assaulted in Brampton
- Police Seeking Suspect After Woman Assaulted in Brampton
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Shooting in Brampton