Police Investigating Arson at Brampton Apartment Building
Police are appealing for witnesses following an allegedly intentionally set fire in Brampton.
Peel police report that on Saturday, Aug. 26 at approximately 4:14 a.m., officers and emergency crews were called to a fire at a building in the Kings Cross Road and Clark Blvd. area.
Police say the fire, which started on the eighth floor, started in a couch that was resting in the hallway.
According to police, fire investigators believe that the fire was deliberately set. The investigation has been turned over to police as a result.
The fire caused over $100,000 in damage and sent seven people to hospital for smoke inhalation. A number of families have been displaced from their units.
Investigators are appealing to anyone who may have been in the area of the 5 Kings Cross building just before and after the fire to contact police.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators at 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133.
- Police Searching for Robbery Suspect Armed with Knife in Brampton
- Police Investigating "Suspicious" Overnight Fire in Brampton
- New Peel Police Report Reveals Concerning Statistics About Crime In Brampton
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans
- Brampton to Host Canada's Largest Cricket Tournament