Police Investigating Attempted Child Abduction in Brampton
Police are currently investigating an attempted child abduction incident that occurred in Brampton.
According to police, on Monday, April 29, 2019, at 4:49 p.m., a man went to a daycare facility located in the area of Kennedy Road North and Bovaird Drive West in Brampton.
Police say the man followed a delivery driver through two controlled access points into the daycare.
The man was questioned by staff when he exited the washroom area. Police say staff asked him for his identification.
"He indicated that he was there to pick up a relative and his identification was in his vehicle," reads a Peel Police press release. "Staff contacted the child's mother for further confirmation."
Shortly after 5 p.m. (5:03 p.m.) the man was seen leaving the property on foot, heading northbound on Kennedy Road North.
According to police, the suspect is described as someone who is black, has a medium complexion, and is in their late 20s, and around 5'9".
Police say the suspect has a medium build, black facial hair, and a short black afro.
"At the time of the incident, the man was wearing a red Chicago Bulls flat brim hat, a black t-shirt with the word 'pure' and a bird below it, a grey hoody, a black jacket with a white heart emblem, and light coloured pants," reads the release.
Anyone with information pertaining to this incident is asked to contact the investigators at 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2233.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
Photo is courtesy of Peel Police.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Two pedestrians hospitalized after being struck by vehicle in Brampton
- Province officially prohibiting gatherings of five or more people
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Brampton
- Peel Police Investigating Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Brampton
- Police Make Arrest in Connection to Brampton Child Abduction Attempt
- Police Investigating Attempted Child Abduction of 9-Year-Old in Brampton
- Police Investigating Disturbing Dog Abuse Incident in Brampton
- Police Investigating After Child Reportedly Assaulted in Brampton