Police Investigating Attempted Child Abduction of 9-Year-Old in Brampton
Peel Police are investigating an attempted child abduction incident that occurred in Brampton.
This attempted abduction, police say, took place on Jan. 24 between 2:45 and 3:30 p.m. The victim was a 9-year-old girl from Brampton.
The incident occurred in the area of Creditview Road and Sandalwood Parkway.
According to police, an unknown man approached the victim and took hold of her arm. The victim, however, was able to break free and got help from a trusted adult.
The suspect is described by police as a man between the ages of 30 and 40. Police say the suspect has brown skin, a slim build, and a black beard with some grey hairs.
He was last seen wearing a black leather jacket with a gold zipper, a black and gold toque, and black shoes.
Investigators are asking residents who live in the area to contact them and provide any surveillance footage that would help identify the suspect.
Anyone with further information is asked to contact the investigators at 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2233. Information can also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Province freezing rent for residential tenants in 2021
- Over 500 drivers charged for having noisy vehicles in Brampton and Mississauga
- Two Brampton men charged in connection to hit-and-run
- Peel Police Investigating Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Brampton
- Police Investigating Attempted Child Abduction in Brampton
- Attempted Child Abduction Under Investigation in Brampton
- Police Make Arrest in Connection to Brampton Child Abduction Attempt
- Police Searching for Attempted Murder Suspect in Brampton