Police Investigating Attempted Child Abduction of 9-Year-Old in Brampton
Peel Police are investigating an attempted child abduction incident that occurred in Brampton.
This attempted abduction, police say, took place on Jan. 24 between 2:45 and 3:30 p.m. The victim was a 9-year-old girl from Brampton.
The incident occurred in the area of Creditview Road and Sandalwood Parkway.
According to police, an unknown man approached the victim and took hold of her arm. The victim, however, was able to break free and got help from a trusted adult.
The suspect is described by police as a man between the ages of 30 and 40. Police say the suspect has brown skin, a slim build, and a black beard with some grey hairs.
He was last seen wearing a black leather jacket with a gold zipper, a black and gold toque, and black shoes.
Investigators are asking residents who live in the area to contact them and provide any surveillance footage that would help identify the suspect.
Anyone with further information is asked to contact the investigators at 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2233. Information can also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Peel Police Investigating Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Brampton
- Attempted Child Abduction Under Investigation in Brampton
- Police Searching for Attempted Murder Suspect in Brampton
- Police Hunting for Suspect After Attempted Robbery in Brampton
- Police Hunting for Robbery Suspect Who Has Hit Brampton and Mississauga