Police Investigating Deliberate Church Fire in Brampton
Peel police are appealing for witnesses following what officers believe to be a deliberately set church fire in Brampton.
On Sunday, July 16 at approximately 2:18 a.m., emergency crews were called to a fire at the St. Elias Ukrainian Church in the Heritage Road and Bovaird Drive area. Police say fire investigators determined that the fire was deliberately set and the investigation was turned over to police.
The church sustained minimal damage to the exterior and was not occupied at the time of the fire.
Investigators are appealing to anyone that may have been in the area of the incident to review dash-cam footage or surveillance video around the time of the fire.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators at 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2233.
- Police Investigating Overnight Church Fire in Brampton
- Police Investigating Arson at Brampton Apartment Building
- Residents Asked to Avoid Area While Emergency Crews Fight Fire in Brampton
- Brampton Fire Investigating Electrical Issue at Peel Police Station
- UPDATED: Police on Scene at Fire in Brampton