Police Investigating Disturbing Social Media Post Regarding Brampton School
Peel Regional Police are investigating a disturbing social media post involving a Brampton school.
On Sunday June 4, 2017, police were made aware of a social media post advising students to bring weapons to school today, Monday June 5, 2017.
A student at St. Edmund Campion Secondary School advised fellow students to bring weapons to school to cause a disruption to the school day.
According to police, the post advised that no one was to be harmed and instead the intention was to invoke a lockdown at the school.
Peel Regional Police officers attended the school this morning and have been working with the staff of the school and the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board to ensure the safety of students. The school has been operating as normal and there have no reports of weapons at the school.
A 16-year-old female young offender and student at the school was identified and arrested this morning.
Peel Regional Police remind the public that any threatening posts made on social media, regardless of the intention, will be investigated and criminal charges may be laid.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 2233. Anonymous information may also be submitted by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- Peel Police investigating online threat against student at Brampton school
- Peel District School Board provides update on when and how Brampton students will return to school
- Police On Scene at Brampton School Following Shooting Threat
- Catholic school students might face delayed start to school year in Brampton: DPCDSB
- Peel District School Board Concerned About New Private School Lobbying Group