Police investigating fatal fire in Brampton
Investigators from the Peel Regional Police are investigating the deaths of two men who died in a Brampton house fire.
Police received a call on Thursday, May 7, 2020, at approximately 10:41 p.m., in regard to the rooming house located at 5 Mill Street North in Brampton.
Police and Brampton Fire services arrived to find the home fully engulfed.
After the fire was extinguished two male bodies were located in the residence, according to police.
The victims have been identified as Keith Powell, a 65-year-old man from Brampton and Darell Terrell, a 59-year-old man from Brampton.
Investigators are working with the Ontario Fire Marshalls as well as the Centre of Forensic Sciences, as the circumstances surrounding the deaths remains an ongoing investigation.
Police are asking anyone who may have been in the area during this time with dashcam footage to come forward.
Anyone with information may contact Constable John Neilson at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3205.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel police report four drug-related deaths in 24 hours
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers