Police Investigating Fatal Hit and Run Collision in Brampton
Police are investigating a fatal hit and run incident involving a cyclist in Brampton.
Peel police say that officers were called to the scene of a serious collision involving a motorist and cyclist in the Summerlea Rd. and Walker Dr. area around 8:00 a.m. this morning (Aug 1).
Police allege that further investigation revealed that the incident was a fail to remain collision involving a cyclist (initial reports indicated the victim was a pedestrian).
The Major Collision Bureau is investigating.
Road closures were implemented as a result of the incident.
Police say the victim is a 39 year-old Brampton man.
Investigators say they are searching for a white Nissan NV cargo van that was observed on CCTV and is believed to be involved.
The suspect vehicle will have markings on the left rear panel, police say.
Updates to follow.
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 554 new cases, 79 of those in Peel
- Police Identify Victim in Fatal Hit and Run Incident in Brampton
- Police Respond to Collision Involving a Cyclist in Brampton
- Police investigating collision involving stolen vehicle in Brampton
- Police seek assistance in fatal fail to remain collision investigation in Brampton
- Police investigating collision involving pedestrian in Brampton