Police Investigating Fatal Hit and Run Collision in Brampton
Police are investigating a fatal hit and run incident involving a cyclist in Brampton.
Peel police say that officers were called to the scene of a serious collision involving a motorist and cyclist in the Summerlea Rd. and Walker Dr. area around 8:00 a.m. this morning (Aug 1).
Police allege that further investigation revealed that the incident was a fail to remain collision involving a cyclist (initial reports indicated the victim was a pedestrian).
The Major Collision Bureau is investigating.
Road closures were implemented as a result of the incident.
Police say the victim is a 39 year-old Brampton man.
Investigators say they are searching for a white Nissan NV cargo van that was observed on CCTV and is believed to be involved.
The suspect vehicle will have markings on the left rear panel, police say.
Updates to follow.
- Police Investigating "Suspicious" Overnight Fire in Brampton
- Police Searching for Robbery Suspect Armed with Knife in Brampton
- New Peel Police Report Reveals Concerning Statistics About Crime In Brampton
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans
- Brampton to Host Canada's Largest Cricket Tournament
- Police Identify Victim in Fatal Hit and Run Incident in Brampton
- Peel Police On Scene for Collision Involving Pedestrian
- Cyclist Killed After Morning Collision in Brampton
- Police Looking for Witnesses in Fatal Hit and Run
- Police Investigating Suspicious Incident Involving Two Young Girls in Brampton