Police investigating incident at Brampton school
Peel Regional Police (PRP) is investigating an incident at a school in Brampton.
According to reports from PRP, students at a school in the area of Gardenbrooke Trail and The Gore Road have been evacuated due to an irritant substance that was sprayed inside the school.
It is currently unclear how many people have been affected by it so far.
People are being treated for minor respiratory inflammation due to the unknown substance. Seven students have been transported to hospital for precautionary measures due to respiratory and mucous membrane irritation.
Students have returned to classes. In total, 18 people were affected by irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat due to the unknown substance.
- Maple Leaf Foods closes Brampton plant as more employees test positive for COVID-19
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, 270 total cases found in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police help six-year-old boy from Brampton celebrate his birthday
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- Noxious substance sprayed during attempted robbery in Brampton
- Brampton School Investigating After Bus Driver Refuses to Take Allegedly Noisy Students Home
- Police Investigating Disturbing Social Media Post Regarding Brampton School
- Police Evacuate Brampton School Following Threat
- Peel Police investigating online threat against student at Brampton school