Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Man Wanted in Connection with Human Trafficking Offences
Police have issued an arrest warrant for a man in connection with an ongoing human trafficking investigation.
Peel police say the victim in this case has known the accused, 45-year-old Robert Wheaton, since March 2015. Police allege that, during their relationship, Wheaton became controlling and forced the victim into the sex trade industry.
In June of 2017, the victim told police that she had been assaulted and further investigation revealed that the accused was actively involved in trafficking the victim.
Police say Wheaton profited from the victim's acts, as he exercised control over all aspects of her life.
Police have issued an arrest warrant for numerous offenses, including two counts of procuring, advertising sexual services, trafficking in persons, assault, forcible confinement and more.
Wheaton is described as white male who is approximately 6 feet tall and 210 pounds. He has medium build, light complexion and brown hair. Investigators believe that he is in the Greater Toronto Area and is actively avoiding the police.
If anyone has information in relation to this investigation, they are urged to call the Major Drugs and Vice Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3555 or 3515.
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- A Frightening New Scam is Scaring Brampton Residents into Giving Up Private Information
- Brampton City Council Renames Park To Honour The Death Of Two-Year-Old Boy
- Tim Hortons' Launching Limited-Time Doughnut To Help Cause in Brampton
- A Major Canadian Company Is Moving Into A Single Facility In Brampton
- Police Looking For Man Wanted in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in GTA
- Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
- Police Arrest Human Trafficking Suspects Wanted in Brampton and Mississauga
- Three Brampton Men Facing Charges in Connection with Human Trafficking Investigation
- Man Arrested in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences