Police Issue Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant for Shooter Who Lived in Brampton
Peel Regional Police are seeking the public's assistance with an investigation into the murder of a 17 year-old that happened in Mississauga in 2016.
On Sunday, February 7 at around 1:00 a.m., police responded to a call regarding an altercation at a business in the area of Derry Road and Airport Road.
When officers arrived on scene, they found the victim suffering from a gunshot wound.
Sharmarke Farah, a 17-year-old resident from Toronto, was rushed to a local hospital where he later succumbed to his injuries.
Today (April 10, 2017) investigators have issued a Canada-wide for the arrest of 20-year-old Mohamud Kheyre, who is suspected of first degree murder.
Kheyre (pictured above) is described as a male of Somali decent, dark complexion, 6'5" feet tall, and 200 pounds with a heavy build. Investigators believe he is actively evading arrest and may have fled the country.
Police also say he was living in Brampton at some point prior to his disappearance.
If you see Kheyre, you are strongly warned not to approach him and instead contact police immediately at 905-453-2121, ext. 3205. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- 120 workers test positive for COVID-19 in outbreak on Ontario farm
- Peel police issue dozens of speeding tickets over two-day period in Brampton
- Doug Ford plans to extend state of emergency in Ontario until June 30
- 404 new COVID-19 cases being reported in Ontario, 2,468 total cases found in Brampton
- The Canadian Accent Has Been Ranked 13th Sexiest Accent In The World
- Police Issue Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant for Brampton Homicide Suspect
- Police Issue Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant for Murder Suspects
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Break, Enter and Theft Suspect
- Police Arrest Young Offender in Connection with Murder of Brampton Teen
- Police Seeking Second Suspect in Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga