Police Issue Public Safety Warning to Brampton Residents
Police recently advised residents in Mississauga and Brampton to exercise more caution due to an increase in residential break-ins throughout the region.
Because of the increases, police are advising residents to keep the following tips in mind:
1) If you notice anyone suspicious in your neighbourhood, contact Peel Regional Police;
2) Get to know your neighbours;
3) Join a Neighbourhood Watch group;
4) Ensure windows and doors are locked on your residence and vehicles;
5) Have a friend or neighbour pick-up newspapers, deliveries or mail;
6) Have exterior and interior lighting on timers;
7) Ensure you have clear sight lines to and from access points into your residence;
In 2018, police arrested a man in connection with 17 commercial (non-residential) break-ins in Mississauga.
For more information on home security, click here contact the Peel Regional Police Crime Prevention Services office at 905-453-2121 ext. 4021.
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Peel Regional Police investigating carjacking in Brampton
- Canadian government changing stress test rate for mortgages soon
- Ontario looks into licence plate defect weeks after new decals released
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to the Region of Peel this Friday
- Halton Police Warn of Break-and-Enter Spree Across the GTA
- Three Brampton Residents Arrested in Connection with Break-In
- Break-Ins on the Rise in Brampton
- Police Warning Residents to Watch Out for Car Thefts in Brampton
- Police Warning Public About Suspect Impersonating Police Officer in Mississauga and Brampton