Police launch blitz targeting noisy vehicles in Brampton
Peel Regional Police announced the launch of its Project Noisemaker initiative—which targets noisy vehicles in Brampton and Mississauga—on July 1, 2020.
According to police, the project is designed to identify and reduce the number of vehicles with modified and/or excessively loud exhaust systems on Peel roads.
Police say officers will be conducting strict enforcement for the entire month of July.
"We encourage vehicle owners to repair modified exhaust systems and avoid using devices such as factory-issued mechanisms to alter and increase the sound of their vehicles in quiet, residential areas," police said in a news release, adding that operators of the vehicles will be subject to Highway Traffic Act charges that include fines of up to $110.
Anyone with information concerning aggressive driving or illegal street racing activities can contact the police by calling 905-453-3311.
- Police Work to Take Unsafe Commercial Vehicles Off the Road
- Over 400 traffic tickets issued in Brampton and Mississauga over the past month
- Peel police issue dozens of speeding tickets over two-day period in Brampton
- Shots fired, damage to vehicles and Brampton home: Peel Police
- TRAFFIC: Four Vehicles Blocking Highway Lane in Brampton