Police lay several charges against 54-year-old man in connection to series of Brampton arsons
Peel Regional Police (PRP) has laid several charges against a Brampton man in connection to a series of arsons in Brampton.
Between Sunday, April 5, Monday, April 6, PRP and Brampton Fire and Emergency Services responded to five separate garbage can fires, all of which were set near bus shelters in the area of Tomken Road and Steeles Avenue.
After a thorough investigation, PRP arrested 54-year-old Mahan Chhoker of no fixed address.
Chhoker has been charged with five counts of Arson - Damage to Property, two counts of Fail to Comply with Probation Order, and two counts of Breach of Release Conditions.
Anyone with relevant information is urged to contact investigators at 905-453-2121, ext. 2133.
Additionally, information may be provided anonymously to Peel Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or by visiting their website.
- Police lay more than 50 charges against eight Brampton residents in connection to series of thefts
- Two Brampton men charged in connection to hit-and-run
- Police arrest 30-year-old Brampton man in connection to voyeurism investigation
- Peel Police Looking For 29-Year-Old Woman With Outstanding Charges
- Two Brampton Men Arrested in Connection with Stolen Vehicles and Drug Possession