Police locate stolen puppies, two men charged
Investigators from the 22 Division Criminal Investigations Bureau have located the two stolen puppies and have laid the appropriate charges.
On Monday, June 1, 2020, at approximately 7:15 p.m., the victim in this incident met with three men in the area of Bovaird Drive and Conestoga Drive in Brampton, to sell two bulldog puppies, according to police.
Police say during the transaction, the victim realized that the men were trying to steal the puppies and attempted to retrieve them.
The men assaulted the victim and fled in a 2017, white Hyundai with Ontario licence plate CDWP 974.
The victim followed the vehicle in an attempt to recover the puppies while stopped at a traffic light but the suspects accelerated away and dragged the victim for a short distance.
Investigators discovered the whereabouts of the first puppy and have charged two men, John Fisher, a 22-year-old man from Aurora and Justin Khounlivong, an 18-year-old man from Newmarket with possession of stolen property.
Khounlivong was also charged with possession of a loaded firearm.
A citizen who had purchased the other puppy, returned him to the police once they learned that he had been stolen through media coverage.
Both puppies were safely recovered and returned to their owner.
On June 3, 2020, investigators arrested and charged Jason Urbina, an 18-year-old man from Newmarket, with one count of Robbery.
He was held pending a bail hearing and will appear before the Ontario Court of Justice.
Peel Regional Police encourages those attempting to sell items using online-classified websites, to do so using one of their designated Buy and Sell Zones.
Information on these areas can be found by visiting PeelPolice.ca.
Anyone with information on this investigation is asked to call 905-453-3311 ext. 2233 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or at peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton
- Brampton remains reasonably-priced for tenants: Report
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Police searching for three suspects in relation to pair of purloined puppies
- Can You Help Police Name These Puppies?
- Two Brampton Men Arrested in Connection with Stolen Vehicles and Drug Possession
- Brampton Teen Charged After Ramming Police Cruisers With Stolen Vehicle
- Three men arrested in relation to stolen vehicle in Brampton