Police Looking For Man Wanted in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in GTA
Police are appealing to the public for help in locating a man they say is "actively evading arrest."
Peel police say a Canada-wide arrest warrant is still outstanding in relation to a human trafficking investigation that occurred in Mississauga.
Police say on Friday, Feb. 3, 2017, officers responded to a report that a male suspect had violently assaulted a woman. Police allege that further investigation indicated the suspect had been exploiting the victim in the sex trade.
It is alleged that the suspect profited from the victim's acts, and that he exercised control over all aspects of her life.
Investigators have issued an arrest warrant for 26-year-old Kartel Pye for a host of offences, including procuring, exercising control, deriving a material benefit from sexual services, trafficking in persons, assault, forcible confinement, sexual assault and more.
Pye is described as 5'7" black male who is 169 pounds with a medium build. He has brown eyes and a tattoo on the left side of his neck.
Investigators believe that he travels frequently between the GTA and his hometown of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
If anyone has information in relation to this investigation, they are urged to call the Major Drugs and Vice Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3555 or 3515.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- 5 Amazing Places for a Girls' Weekend Getaway Outside Brampton
- Brampton man celebrating his big lottery win
- Two Brampton men charged in massive firearm-related investigation
- $25,000 reward offered for conviction of armed robbery suspects in Peel
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Man Wanted in Connection with Human Trafficking Offences
- Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
- Man Arrested in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences
- Police Arrest Human Trafficking Suspects Wanted in Brampton and Mississauga
- Brampton Resident Wanted by Police for Alleged Sexual Assault