Police looking for suspect in relation to shooting aboard a bus in Brampton
Peel Regional Police (PRP) are investigating a shooting in Brampton.
At 6:29 p.m. tonight, PRP was called to the area of Dixie Road and Howden Boulevard in relation to a shooting that occurred on a transit bus.
One person was shot during the altercation; there is currently no information regarding the severity of their injuries.
The suspect fled the scene shortly after the altercation, and PRP is presently searching for them—there’s no description available at this time.
Southbound Dixie is closed at Williams Parkway, while northbound Dixie is closed at Howden Boulevard.
Drivers are advised to avoid the area, and residents can expect a heavy police presence as PRP continues to investigate.
- Brampton students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Brampton
- Trudeau, Morneau, Telford must resign, or trigger an election: Blanchet
- Consequences for improper mask and glove disposal still in effect in Brampton