Police Looking for Witnesses in Fatal Hit and Run
Police are seeking public assistance in an investigation.
Police say that on Wednesday, August 1, 2018, shortly after 6 a.m. there was a crash in Brampton involving a cyclist and a utility trailer.
According to police the incident occurred at Summerlea Road and Walker Drive.
“Preliminary investigation led investigators to believe that the trailer became dislodged from the vehicle that was towing it and collided with the cyclist who succumbed to his injuries at the incident location,” reads a recent statement from Peel Regional Police.
Paul De Pledge, a 39-year-old man from Brampton, was identified as the victim.
Investigators are appealing for any witnesses who may have observed the suspect vehicle or have dashboard video footage leading up to the incident to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca
- Multiple charges laid for loitering in Brampton
- First responders attending to vehicle rollover in Brampton
- Brampton city council unanimously approves motion to increase road safety
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Police Identify Victim in Fatal Hit and Run Incident in Brampton
- Peel Police Looking for Witnesses Following Collision Investigation
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Elderly Woman Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- Police Appealing for Witnesses After Cyclist Dies in Brampton
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Pedestrian Hit and Run in Brampton