Police Looking for Witnesses in Fatal Hit and Run
Police are seeking public assistance in an investigation.
Police say that on Wednesday, August 1, 2018, shortly after 6 a.m. there was a crash in Brampton involving a cyclist and a utility trailer.
According to police the incident occurred at Summerlea Road and Walker Drive.
“Preliminary investigation led investigators to believe that the trailer became dislodged from the vehicle that was towing it and collided with the cyclist who succumbed to his injuries at the incident location,” reads a recent statement from Peel Regional Police.
Paul De Pledge, a 39-year-old man from Brampton, was identified as the victim.
Investigators are appealing for any witnesses who may have observed the suspect vehicle or have dashboard video footage leading up to the incident to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca
- Police Investigating "Suspicious" Overnight Fire in Brampton
- Police Searching for Robbery Suspect Armed with Knife in Brampton
- New Peel Police Report Reveals Concerning Statistics About Crime In Brampton
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans
- Brampton to Host Canada's Largest Cricket Tournament
- Police Identify Victim in Fatal Hit and Run Incident in Brampton
- Peel Police Looking for Witnesses Following Collision Investigation
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Elderly Woman Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- Police Appealing for Witnesses After Cyclist Dies in Brampton
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Pedestrian Hit and Run in Brampton