Police Make Arrest in Brampton Carjacking
Police have made an arrest in relation to a carjacking that occurred in Brampton.
According to Peel Regional Police, on January 4, 2019 the victim parked his personal vehicle in a parking lot of Bramalea Road and Clark Boulevard. The victim then began driving a transport truck and re-attended the area of his personal vehicle when he observed a group of men standing near his vehicle.
The victim confronted the males at which point one of them produced a firearm and the group subsequently fled the area in the victims transport truck.
On January 8, officers were able to arrest one of the suspects involved in the incident. Onkar Nohal, a 33-year-old man from Brampton, was charged with Robbery, Use Imitation Firearm and Breach of Recognizance. The suspect appeared in the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton to answer the charges.
Anyone with information relating to this investigation is asked to call investigators at Central Robbery Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3410.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- 11-year-old from Brampton hoping to win this season’s grand prize for America’s Got Talent
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 22
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Brampton
- Road closed due to collision between car and truck in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Police Arrest Two Males in Multiple Carjacking Incidents in Brampton
- Peel Police Arrest 15-Year-Old Following Carjacking Incident In Brampton
- Peel Police Nab 2 Violent Carjacking Suspects
- Arrest made and firearm seized in attempted murder investigation
- Suspects Charged in Brampton Robbery Investigation