Police Make Arrest in Connection to Brampton Child Abduction Attempt
Investigators from the 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau have arrested a man in an attempted child abduction investigation.
On Monday, April 29, 2019, at 4:49 pm, the believed suspect attended a daycare facility located in the area of Kennedy Road North and Bovaird Drive West in the City of Brampton.
At this time, a man followed a delivery driver through two controlled access points into the daycare.
The man was questioned by the staff when he exited the washroom area. He was asked to show his identification.
He claimed that he was picking up a relative and his identification was in his vehicle. The staff contacted the child's mother for further confirmation.
Today, May 2, a 19-year-old man from Brampton was arrested and charged with Child Abduction. He was held for a bail hearing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the investigators at 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2233.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
Photo courtesy of Peel Police
- Premier Doug Ford reveals Brampton is "hot spot" for COVID-19
- Brampton issues 56 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 outbreak
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Second employee at Brampton grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
- $15M Lotto ticket sold in Brampton
- Police Investigating Attempted Child Abduction in Brampton
- Peel Police Investigating Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Brampton
- Police Investigating Attempted Child Abduction of 9-Year-Old in Brampton
- Attempted Child Abduction Under Investigation in Brampton
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To A Child Luring Investigation